Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carolyn Braden's Early Fall Report 2011

I just finished reading Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. I've had it on hold to read for a while and it seems ironic I saved it for this summer. As I read it, the 20's fashions popped into my head as the next big style influence.When I got home from vacation yesterday and flipped open my Vogue waiting for me in my pile of mail, I saw I am right on target for this "vintage" style influence. You will see many finger woven hairstyles, beaded necklaces, fringed skirts, shimmering fabrics, cloches, and more from the 20's, 30's, and 40's fashion ideas. Read Kinsella's book to get inspiration for the upcoming fashion season.

Also, jeweled animals, double heart locket rings, paddle style (sorority shaped) neon necklaces with vintage animal faces, and a car necklace all stood out to me either in vintage pieces I already own or in a recent dream I had. Somehow those ideas will all show up in some way in the fashion world in the near future.

No comments: