Monday, June 27, 2011

Carolyn Braden tries OPI Shatter over CND Shellac

I had some time to kill so I decided to finally try mixing regular polish with CND Shellac. I did three coats of Cream Puff (after a shellac base coat), then a layer of shellac top coat. I removed the tacky top layer of top coat with 99% Alcohol. I then did a layer of Seche brand base coat, a layer of OPI black Shatter, then two coats of Seche Vite top coat. I have no idea how this will hold up so I will blog about my results.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

************Update!
I am now on day 4 of my manicure and there is not a chip yet! I am going swimming tomorrow, so let's see if they continue to hold up.

****2nd Update
They officially held up for 7 days. They would have lasted longer but I got nervous about something and started picking at them. I thought I broke that habit but sometimes it comes back!

No comments: