Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carolyn Braden says "Shellac by CND does not like the ocean."

After my recent vacation to Sanibel Island, I am needing to share this bit of information about CND Shellac vs. the ocean. They hate each other.

I swam in the ocean for quite a while on a Sunday and a Monday. By the end of the day on Monday, I saw the shellac actually separate from my nail tips and get sand stuck between the gel polish and my nail. Now I know the pros would claim that I must have done something wrong like not seal off the tips or something but I must say loudly, that's not true! I've been doing my own shellac for a while now and have learned all the little "rules" of using the polish. Currently being an art educator, my hands have been submerged in hand sanitizer, paint, clay, soapy water and many other art materials daily for two weeks at a time. My shellac never separated from my nails like it did when submersed in salt water for two days. It didn't happen to every nail but it was bad enough that I had to purchase some remover and orange sticks and take the polish off on day 3 of my vacation.

So, with this statement being said, I warn anyone wanting to get freshly shellac-ed before their ocean vacation. Maybe you'll have more luck than I, but seriously consider not getting a shellac manicure prior to a tropical vacation.

No comments: