Sunday, October 9, 2011

Carolyn Braden Tries "Red Carpet Manicure" Gel Polish

I switched from CND Shellac to Red Carpet Manicure gel polish today. I am experimenting with the cheaper polish. I did not buy the LED curing light or the "prep" bottle which is step one. The prep is basically just alcohol. I only purchased Structure (base coat), the polish color "Not Really a Taupe" (sort of a very neutral gray) and Brilliance (top coat). I used my UV curing light, cleaned and filed my nails and set to work. I used the system the exact same way as Shellac and I am quite impressed so far. The instructions for CND and RCM both say to do 2 coats but I always do 4 thin layers of polish so it lasts a little longer. I'm impressed with the price too. At $9.00 a bottle (instead of $15-24 for CND) I can try many of their beautiful polish colors that even include a few glitters! I purchased my bottles at Ulta.


Carolyn J. Braden
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: