Friday, April 8, 2011

Carolyn Braden's Wedding Flowers for Hair

I am in a wedding this summer and the bride purchased silk flower hair clips from Icing, a costume jewelry accessory store. After seeing flowers on Tarina Tarantino's website (my absolute favorite jewelry designer) the bride gave the inexpensive flower clips to me to "bling" them up like flowers clips on Tarina's site. Tarina's flower clips are gorgeous but when you are on a bridal budget, buying a clip for every girl in your wedding can be pricy. All I did to the flowers from Icing was trim them up (some petals were fraying) and take off the existing crystals. To match the wedding jewelry and dresses we will wear, I added flat back pearls and clear, crystal, flat back Swarovski crystals. I used Aleene's Jewel-It, an embellishing glue, and a pair of tweezers to attach the crystals and pearls.
Although the project took some time (I go slow for perfect craftsmanship) the result was well worth it! Tarina's flower clips run $38.00 and up. I managed to make these clips for under $10.00 each.

Flowers before:






Flowers after:











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Heather said...

They look awesome! You do such fabulous work! I'm totally impressed!