Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's Happening in Style October 2008

Hi everyone!

I love fashion and it made sense to start writing a little bit about it. I plan to write at least once a month. I may write more often. I write based on inspirations. Whenever I feel inspired, I write in my journal. I journal about many, many things. Most of what I journal about is for me. I journal about fashion sometimes and I thought maybe it might be good to share that bit of my "inspirations".

So here it goes.....

Coming up in the fashion/style world is:

Glitter (Anything goes...try putting glitter in your vases and then filling the vases with simple flowers.)

Angels (figurines, songs, anything related to angels)

Vintage Perfume bottles (I found mine at the Crazy Daisy store here in Louisville. It is complete with it's silver spray arm and plastic spray ball.)

Lace (tights, scarves, headbands)

Dark Sapphires

Leg Warmers (Try wearing them this winter with tights and boots...yes it is a little 1980's, but it will look amazing on you and keep you extra warm)

Anything Marilyn Monroe inspired (Try turning a pimple into her signature mole)

Houndstooth (I found a wonderful Audrey Hepburn/Marilyn Monroe vintage style dress with this print on it. I have a chair covered in it and coasters. It's a very classy print that will always stay in style.)

Dramatic eyes (Any colors will work...add sparkle for flair.)

Peacock inspired things (Prints, feathers...try decorating your house in a few feathers. I put a few various feathers in some vases and put them around the house. They are a great solution when you can't get fresh flowers. And...they last much, much longer than fresh flowers.)

Anything bright...as an accent piece to your wardrobe. (Don't do bright all over. Try a bright scarf, bright nails, bright tights, etc. Once again, this is very 80's, but it works in small doses.)

Try cocoa butter lotion (It is super great for winter skin. And....it smells like chocolate. Unless you don't like chocolate, as I know some people don't, it will be great for you.)

Try fancy gloves (Like kinds without fingers, lacy gloves, etc. They dress up a plain outfit.)


One thing I've learned is....simple is best. Try one style thing, but don't try all at the same time. Look in the mirror after you get dressed. If you think you have too many style pieces on, take one thing off. If you don't know, ask someone that is really truthful. I've found that kids are the best when it comes to asking for an opinion. (I'm currently a teacher, and my students rock at the truth thing!)

Till next time...

---C

No comments: